Well, 2008 has been quite a year. I got my daughter back from Russia. I made the decision to put my mother in a nursing home when my wife and I could no longer give her the level of care she required, and then said “see you later” when God took her home.
Well, my daughter is a student now, and my son is in a faraway city, and with mom in the hands of the Lord, my wife and I are real empty nesters now. So what am I going to do about it in 2009? Here are some things I’m considering.
- Get back on the Wii Fit trail.
- Finish the “clean house and get rid of unnecessary stuff” project – which may take all year.
- Learn the 10 songs I’ve finished writing and haven’t yet learned – and learn them.
- Find the 21 songs I singled out into a “haven’t finished writing but should finish because they’ll probably be good when they’re done” list – and finish writing them. Then I should probably learn them, too.
- Speaking of my songs, I really should play out more. I’ve averaged one gig a year (except for 2006, which I missed completely).
- I really should rewrite and edit my novel “,,,and that’s the end of the news”. Then I could use it to find a new agent. Or a publisher. Or both. Don’t know if I’ll get to this one, though.
- I probably ought to fix that broken Christmas play, too. Again, don’t know if I’ll get there.
- I need to get the two VBS plays into some kind of shape so they can be sold over the Interweb.
- I’m also scheduled to write my third VBS show this year, and my first Christmas Pageant. I know I’ll get to those.
- In October/November of this year I designed a game involving Zombies. Playtested it over Thanksgiving with my son, daughter, and assorted relatives. Now I need to tweak the rules and try another playtest. But when?
- Finally, I need to get back on the reading wagon. Maybe I’ll buy a Kindle and forget about a lot of that unnecessary writing stuff.
It should be an interesting year.